Tuesday, April 8, 2008

raincoat

when you left that night
left me hanging
you took a piece of me
with you

you went so fast, i
didn't have a chance
to reclaim it
though part of me
tried to run
after you, it
was too late

now
until you come back
if you come back
i need to reel it in
patch the softness all
back
together
so i can think straight

so i can breathe

so i can form a sentence again

you might have realized i
needed it
if you had thought
it through

but maybe you believed i
gave it to you
to hold
passing it tenderly in
cupped hands as if it was
a cricket pressing for escape
because
i didn’t really
have a use
for it
because it meant nothing

i want you to know

i would never give you something
without
value
never

rachel westfall
april 8, 2008

2 comments:

Mike-mike said...

Very Lovely, beautiful.
Wonderful. Right from the Heart.
A piece of you, a piece of me.
Your in my thought's. Always!
Always in my thought's ;)
OXOXOX

RachelW said...

As you are in mine, mike-mike, as you are in mine...