Thursday, April 3, 2008

Welcome

take only what you want
but give nothing in return
and one day
you will find that the well
has run
dry

she has closed the door, but
she will open it again
if only you knock

if only

if only you make her smile
make her laugh until her cheeks want to
split
open
and her sides ache for want of breath
if only you lend her a deep sigh

if only you ease the strain of holding it all together

if only you could see it

there won’t always be a place here
but
there will always be a place
for
you

Rachel Westfall
April 3, 2008

4 comments:

mike grieco said...

Wonderful! :)

RachelW said...

Thank you!

DragonFly24 said...

This is so soothing and timely for me. Thank you for putting into word-images what I'm feeling right now. That fills my cup just a bit! :)

RachelW said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Dragonfly... it sure seemed to fit what you were telling me. xox