Sunday, November 2, 2008

roadmap

when the journey matters more than
any destination
there is just one way to
go deep—
stay curious

trust me, I’m going somewhere with this

what was that all about?
why such a strong reaction
to just a few innocent words,
a glance, a shift in composure?

stay curious, stay with me
we’re heading somewhere deep

I once met a young woman
the day before she went deep,
so deep beneath the sea
she fell to the depths and was lost

what was she like that day,
the day before she died? singing,
spirited, fearless
alive


rachel westfall
November 2, 2008

2 comments:

devilsivy said...

I've always loved to read maps. Staying curious I wonder what's been going on up top while I was underneath. Oh, and I have work to do up here.

RachelW said...

I love to read maps, too. There are some large ones tacked up in my hallway, and they are well-used, with familiar locations worn from the touch of the children's fingers, and coins tacked to some of the countries. But I don't want to stay on the surface. What a wealth of discoveries there are underneath!