Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Friends awards

Faith at Stones from my heart totally made my day today by giving me a Friends award. Like Faith, I want to pass this award along to each and every one of you who comments here. I thrive on the conversations we have! But, like a good girl, I will follow the rules and pass this award along to eight of you. (I really am a good girl! Really! What's that you say? Hush!)

I realise it will be hard for those of you with newer blogs to send this Award along to eight others. Please don't let that discourage you from accepting the award! Just ignore the rule, if it doesn't work for you.

My 'official' Friend Awards:

Kyddryn at Shade and Sweetwater is one of those rare, wonderful people who not only listens, but really understands. She takes the time to respond in a way that always makes me feel validated. She has supported me in my writing from the beginning of this blog, and I sure appreciate her! It is not surprising that her own beautiful blog has evolved into a network of supportive friendships. Thank you for your friendship, Kyddryn!

Julie at The Buffaloe Pen always takes the time to respond to comments in a personal way, and she is so incredibly supportive of others. Though I have only met Julie through her writing, I have a sense of really knowing her through that writing. That person I sense has a big, nurturing heart, and is immensely kind and thoughtful. Her poems and her comments reflect her compassion, and her deep understanding of the human spirit. I am so glad to have met you through our blogs, Julie!

Christopher at View from the Northern Wall encourages conversations through his writing, and to my delight, he often converses in poetic verse! He is kind and supportive, and while he is totally unafraid to express divergent views, I have never felt shut down or silenced in any way by what he shares. He seems to take a real interest in hearing what others think and say, and he often responds to it from a novel angle. This provokes thought and deeper discussion. I know Faith gave you this award as well, but you deserve several. ;) Thank you, Christopher.

S.L. Corsua at Unguarded Utterance not only writes beautiful poetry, but also reads a lot of poetry on the web and leaves delightful, complimentary comments. For the past several months, she has compiled monthly reading lists of some of the poems she has encountered, and blogged them, encouraging others to read them, too. If it wasn't for S.L., I probably never would have found out about some of the incredible writers that I'm following today. S.L., thank you for making this huge contribution to our community!

Kat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes is one of my very favourite fun bloggers! Not that she can't be serious-- but I've been having so much fun in my conversations with her, as we share poems and stories. She's one of those rare people I can have a conversation with using only rhyming couplets, and come out it feeling energized and inspired! Kat, it's been great getting to know you; thank you for your friendship!

Jozien at Keeper of Wild Places is quite new to blogging and computers in general, yet she somehow finds the time to reach out, interact, and share her experiences with others. I'm sure glad she does, because she has a lot to share! Her appreciation for the natural world makes me feel like we are kindred spirits, in a way. I'm grateful for this blogging network, and to Urban Yukon which put me onto Jozien's blog, for without it I might never have met Jozien. I'm so glad to have found you, Jozien!

Michael at Michael's Meanderings is always up for a bit of fun; he joins into the silly poetry challenges that I've put up on weird days, and he's not afraid to get really, really silly! If you visit his blog, you'll notice that a bit of his silly side sneaks out there from time to time. And then there are his Superheroes... Michael has also put a lot of time and effort into some of the more serious discussion that has taken place on this blog. Thank you, Michael!

Faith at Stones from my heart deserves to get this award back from me. No, Faith, I totally don't expect you to give out another eight awards! But I really appreciate you-- your work, your support, and your friendship. Quite aside from really enjoying the peaceful, calming place that is your blog, I feel very welcome there. Thank you for your friendship, Faith!

February 10, 2009-- edited to add Lisa at Transcript of a Significant Life. She is a nuturing soul, and most definitely a top candidate for this award! I'm so glad to have met you in this blog village, Lisa.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you do choose to accept this award and wish to pass it along, please include the following explanatory paragraph:"The Friends Award isn't about being the most popular blogger or having the most read blog. It is just because you are a friend." Here is the cleverly written text of the award: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

11 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

Aw, shucks!

Kyddryn said...

Cheers, luv - I'll pass it along on Saturday, if a delay is OK...well, even if it isn't.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K (the unaccountably busy!)

Poetikat said...

I'm so touched, Rachel. I check my e-mail hoping there's comment (or better still, e-mail) from you and look forward with great anticipation to my visits to your fine blog. (Love the new photo in the header.)
Every once in a while, we make a discovery in this blog-culture. I mean, there are many good blogs out there, but just once in a while, you strike on something above par, with obvious feeling, conscience and intelligence. That's what I felt immediately when I first landed here.
Your passing on this award to me means much - not because it's a "blog award" (I do in fact have one like this tucked away already and as yet not passed on), but because it comes from you.

Thanks, dear friend,

Kat

Kyddryn said...

How funny is it that you gave me this award on the same day I was writing a post about giving you one, too?? :-)

I dig your blog and the contributions you make to Blogopolis, so I gave you an award over at my blog - come and get it!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

RachelW said...

Thank you, Kat! I feel very blessed by our friendship, and I'm so glad to have found your blog, too. I expect people collect a few of these awards after they have blogged for a while. This is my first one, and what I really liked about it was Faith's personal comments; that really touched me.

Kyddryn, you sneaky cheeky! ;) Thank you so much! I am tucking your Award away in my sidebar, where I shall cherish it.

RachelW said...

Michael, you're such a guy... ;) hehe!

S.L. Corsua said...

Rachel, I'm grateful for the blog award, and deeply honored by your sincere and generous remarks about me and my writing. I still remember my reaction the day I stumbled upon your own poetry here: I gasped, got swept away by the elegance of the language used, the eloquence, the choice imagery, the fluidity. And I knew right away, a lot of poetry-lovin' bloggers I know would enjoy reading your work as much as I did, and still do. ;) Cheers.

RachelW said...

S.L., thank you so much! You're so good at making a person feel like thy have made an impact. Warmly, Rachel

jozien said...

Thanks Rachel, That is so nice! It is my first award. You make my heart sing, and wanting my voice to speak poetry. This blogging sure is an awesome thing.

RachelW said...

You are most welcome, Jozien!

Julie said...

Thank you so much, Rachel! It has been a real pleasure to meet you, and I echo those same sentiments about you. I feel like I have gotten to know you through your writing on this beautiful blog and your kind comments. Your friendship is most appreciated!!

I do apologize, though, for taking so long to thank you. Long road trips lately with little internet connection...but it's all good.

And thank you for posting the other links, too. I know some of the people you have posted here (like S.L. and Christopher), and they are awesome. Now I look forward to checking out the links I don't know. They sound like great people.

Thanks again for such a nice award! You deserve to receive this one again, too!!