Saturday, January 24, 2009

Gifts

Two blogging friends have gifted me with awards in the past couple of days. I'm amazed... dazed... and totally honoured that they thought of me! I didn't want to let this go unacknowledged.

Kyddryn at Shade and Sweetwater gave me something called the Dardos Award. I can sure see why Kyddryn was given one of these; she's one of the most remarkable conversational and creative writers I've yet to come across! Well, she had the kindness of heart to pass a Dardos along to me, too. As best I can tell, this is an award for blogging self-expression, and besides, it looks mighty cool, doesn't it? Now I'm supposed to pass this along to 15 others, but I just went through a round of award giving with the Friends Award the other day, and I don't want to overload people. I'm going to hang onto it for a bit, and I'll pass it along whenever I spot someone that looks like they need one of these things.

Right about the same time, Kat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes gifted me with a Superior Scribbler Award. Kat is, herself, most definitely a Superior Scribbler, with her unique eye on the world and an eloquent, often humorous, way of describing what's going on in poetic verse. I'm really touched that she passed the SS award along to me! I know I'm not following the rules... and all of you in my blogroll are deserving of this award. But I'm going to wait a bit, again, not wanting to overload people with awards.

Thanks, Kyddryn and Kat!

6 comments:

Poetikat said...

Congratulations to you!
Good plan! It's time-consuming to pass them on (but fun, of course). I've got a "Dardos" sitting on Blasts From the Past (waiting to be moved along).
Hey - come check out the latest post on BFTP (about dolls). I'd be interested to see what you think.

Kat

Kyddryn said...

:::blush::: Aww, shucks...I love you too, sugar!

You deserve the awards - you're full of the awesome.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Fat Arse said...

Rachel, Rachel,

When you get a chance.

Could you do a poem for me?
One that highlights nature,
as life's epitome -
the ultimate mystery.

A political junkie I do fear,
my life is now reduced to city, cynicism and
political smear.

Oh, Rachel, Rachel,
Can you do a poem for me,
one that embraces a lived epiphany,
that celebrates mist, that celebrates fog,
that celebrates freedom and leaves me agog,

One that rejoices in the precious sensing seconds,
Before the chores pile up and duty beckons.

Words that ignore the judgment of the those above,
Maybe words that speak to love?

One that invites us in to relax
without leaving us with feeling we are lax.


Rachel, Rachel,
Please do a poem for me
I do so need to set my spirit free... from the city!

RachelW said...

Kat-- thanks for the tip-- will head on over when I have some blog-reading time later on today!

Kyddryn, thank you sweetheart! ~kisses~

Fat Arse,

My oh my, a poem just for me?
Why oh why, how can this be?

Why I have just the place for you.
A poem about a country bed,
a poem that is true.

(Oh, I feel so lame when I rhyme,
though I wish I could do it all the time!)

Here is the poem of which I speak:
Just follow the link, and take a peek!

http://thewaxingmoon.blogspot.com/2008/12/one-day.html

Julie said...

You deserve a hundred awards! This is really cool, though. I do love the design and the name of the award. Congratulations on a well deserved honor!

RachelW said...

Thanks Julie! :) :)