Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You all are faaaabulous! :)

Jorc, who has a fabulous blog by the name of Empty Garden, recently received the Fabulous Blog award and passed it on to me. Thank you, Jorc; I'm honoured and touched that you thought of me!

Jorc's blog is one of the delightful treasures on the poetry blog circuit. If you haven't yet visited her space, please do!

Now it is my duty and my pleasure to pass the award along to other faaabulous bloggers. The biggest challenge for me now is to narrow it down to a few well-deserving blogs that I haven't just given an award to! My award nominees are at the bottom of this post. But first....

It truly is award season! Cat at Witnessing a World of People and Places just gave me the Superior Scribbler award, which I also received from Kat at Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes a few weeks ago. Is there a coincidence in their names? I would like to call it serendipity, rather than coincidence! Thank you both for this award. Cat and Kat both certainly deserved it themselves, and it means a lot to me to receive it from them! Again, my biggest challenge will be to avoid spamming acknowledging the same blogs over and over, though so many blogs are deserving of this recognition.

Now here it is: {drumrolls}! My choices for each of these awards are as follows.

The Fabulous Blog award:

Keeper of Wild Places Jozien Keijzer has drawn me into her wilderness world with her amazing photos and rich prose. She lives so near, yet so far from me, her wild surroundings a stark contrast to the small-town urban world I live in.

Shaping Stones -Ken Flett's blog is a treasure. I've yet to encounter anything as rich in imagery and story-telling. Take a peek; you'll see what I mean.

A Portrait of the Human Heart -Elle has such heart, and it comes through powerfully in her writing. I believe it's people like Elle who will heal the world.

Two Ripping Arseholes -Fat Arse and Smart Arse, I bet you guys weren't fishing for an award, eh? You might have to be Canadian to appreciate this blog, with its cynical and creative take on all things public and political. Well, I appreciate you guys, and the work you put into each of your posts.

Butterfly Dreamer -Cherie, I know you have one of these already, but you deserve another. Butterfly Dreamer is a blog with unique style, tons of attitude, and radiant energy.

Witnessing a World of People and Places -Cat, you probably have this one already. If you don't, you should. So here is one for you.

Poetikat's Invisible Keepsakes and Blasts from the Past -Kat, you deserve this award too, you fabulous blogger you! :-) You'll have to pick which blog to stick it on. Or split it in half. Or clone it. Or whatever.

The Superior Scribbler Award:

Loose Leaf Notes -I only learned about Colleen Redman's blog today, after she posted a comment on my blog. What a delightful discovery! I shall very much enjoy following her work.

My other SS awards go to some of my favourite spots on the poetry blog circuit. Ideally, I would pass this award along to every blogger in my Irresistible Poetry Blogs list in the sidebar. It was not easy to narrow it down to these few!

Coexist -Diane Vogel Ferri's glorious blog. Her sidebar is as rich and enjoyable as her writing.

Keeping Secrets -Karen's blog, no longer secret, is one of the new and wonderful additions to the poetry blog world.

Outlasting Moths -I've followed Rachel Phillips' work for the past year or so, and she never fails to inspire me.

Golden Pothos -Cecily's blog is a catalog of hidden treasures. Take a peek, and see what you may find.

Empty Garden Jorc, maybe you received this one already, too. If not, you sure deserve it. Here's one from me!

I also want to give an award to Lisa, Transcript of a Significant Life, but it is the Friends Award that I feel most compelled to gift her with. I received and regifted the Friends Award a little while ago. It's not breaking the rules to go back and add Lisa to my list, is it? Huh? Huh? {Deafening silence} Okay then! Here goes.... Lisa, I hope you will accept this award from me.

17 comments:

Elle said...

Your words and award have touched my heart. Thank you for this. You have made my day! May your words come true!

Poetikat said...

Well bust my buttons! (I have never said that before in my life. Honest.)
Glad to see you discovered Colleen (or she discovered you). I've been visiting her for some time and she is an insightful, warm, creative and interesting person. I really enjoy her blog.

I will try and get round to all of your choices some time soon.

Oh, and thank you so much for THIS award - it's so elegant and classy! I will put in my sidebar and pass it on at a later date.

Thank you my friend,

Kat (not Cat)

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

You have made my day as well. It's so encouraging to know others care about what we write. I am inspired by people like you who take the time to care. I'm kind of worn out of passing things along, but I do treasure the sentiment. Diane

Lisa said...

This is so exciting !!!!
THANK YOU beautiful lady !!!
Three years i have been blogging and this is my first award !!!!

blessed be dear Rachel xxx

RachelW said...

Elle, I hope those words come true, too! If they don't it certainly won't be for lack of effort. :)

Kat, har-de-har, I bet you say that all the time. ;) I was quite torn between associating this award with your poetry blog, versus BftP. It could have easily gone to both. Hey, I think I'll change the post accordingly, and you can tuck it wherever you choose.

Diane, Thank you! :)

Lisa, that is So Cool; I'm thrilled to be your first awarder!! I bet it will be followed by a rain of others, fast and furious; you certainly deserve it!

colleen said...

Thank you, Rachel for the shout out! I plan to visit all the bloggers you've listed.

I have mostly given up on awards since my blog (an old version of moveable type) is a dinosaur and I don't know how to add them to my sidebar or change my template. My brother-in-law used to help me but no longer does. I do plan to stay in touch here and I do appreciate finding you!

RachelW said...

Thank you, Colleen!

Poetikat said...

How 'bout, I just put it on both? I swear to God, I have NEVER said that before - it just popped out for some reason.
I do love this award - it's so Audrey Hepburn - so classic. My favourite award in appearance for sure.

Kat

kenflett said...

My first badge, and coming from someone who is a lover of the earth and has wisdom of the world, l sure appreciate that.
thank you Rachel.

Karen said...

Thank you, thank you! Scribblin' is such fun! I'll have to get to all the others you named, as well. So little time...
Thanks.

Julie said...

Awesome! I can't wait to check out all the blogs I don't know. If you recommend people, I know they are excellent. Congratulations on all of your well deserved honors. And thanks for this beautiful blog:) It is a pleasure to read.

RachelW said...

Kat-- Perfect!!

Ken, your blog really is something special. I love seeing that something new has been posted there, and I can't wait to see what it will be.

Karen, you too, you deserve the accolades... keep up the mighty fine scribbling!

Julie, I said this on your other comment too-- I am so glad you are back! :) :)

Fat Arse said...

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the kudos.
Going thru my first blog 'divorce' I have some remorse that you should be recognizing us now. In future if you wish to see what has become of me checkout: http://cheekyarse.blogspot.com/

Building a new home, all alone, is always a challenge. But experience has taught that it is never for naught - and soon I shall settle in.

Regards,

BTW your new Valentine post is beautiful.

RachelW said...

FA, sorry to hear about your blogging divorce. I shall check out your new home, even show up with a housewarming gift... something nice, like a bottle of mouthwash and some jumbo sized towels. Good luck with your new blogging adventure!

devilsivy said...

Great big thank you hugs, Rachel! I think you're particularly well-qualified to award the "Superior Scribbler." ;)

gameover709 said...

Than you so much! Sorry I'm just now checking in...been "out of sorts" lately... It really means a lot to me that you visit...an award, well..wow! I'm just happy to get to read your work!
jorc

RachelW said...

Great to hear from you, Jorc! And I can totally relate to being out of sorts... Thanks for keepig up the great work!