Friday, June 12, 2009

Handmade gifts: p(l)ay it forward

When I stopped by Erin's place one day recently, she was asking for volunteers for a homemade gift exchange. It worked like this: she signed up to play, someone sent her something lovely, and then it was her turn to draw the names of 3 volunteers and send something lovely to each of them.

So I, being very appreciative of homemade goodies, of course responded with a loud and obnoxious "pick me, pick me!" My name was drawn, and what should arrive in the mail yesterday? Some gorgeous homemade photo cards, and a bar of yummy chocolate!! Oh, yeah! Thank you, Erin!

So now it is my turn to draw three names from whoever volunteers to play, and to send each of you something I made. Want to play? Just respond to this post and say, "I'm in." If there are more than 3 volunteers, I'll draw names and announce the winners in a few days.

13 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Oh I like that idea! I'm in!

RachelW said...

Yay! Thanks for volunteering!

Kyddryn said...

Hmm...I'm game if no one else signs up...but don't pick me if anyone else wants in, since you already sent me a wonderful box o' local goodies...and I'd hate to be greedy...

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Woman in a Window said...

Oh Rachel, I wish it would have been more. I wish I could have focused and done something more special for you. One day, perhaps. Still have your address.

Every day I come here to your poetry you're doing something special for me. Thank you.

erin

RachelW said...

Kyddryn, :-)!!

Erin, your gift package really is special. Your photos are magical. I'm planning to frame them, instead of giving them away to people, hehe! I wish I knew how you did it, the effects with the colour. Thank you, thank you! :)

Rikkij said...

Rach- I'd love to but would feel bad as I couldn't reciprocate. Believe me, You wouldn't want anything I've ever made. Have you ever seen the birdhouse homer simpson made? I'm in awe of his talent. But you give me something everytime you post. Thank you, so much! ~rick

Piratedred said...

I agree with Rikkij. You give everytime I read your words.

RachelW said...

Oh Rick, I really like his spice rack too, hahaha!
:)

Tony, thank you :)

Poetikat said...

Count me in -- I'm sure I can come up with something to contribute.

Kat

RachelW said...

Yay! :) I know you appreciate handmade stuff too, Kat.

LIRIO said...

yes please
would love to swap

Michelle Johnson said...

I would love to give this a try. I've never participated in something like this before so it could be exciting.

RachelW said...

Wow, thank you all for volunteering!! Since there are more than 3 volunteers, I'll draw names and announce the winners today.