Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I played it forward...

Remember the play it forward handmade gift exchange? Well it has been a while, but I did remember… I haven’t forgotten, seriously… and I mailed my packages yesterday. I made some wind chimes out of some old copper pipe and maple flooring off-cuts. It was a fun project which took me way longer than it really needed to. Kara, Kat, and Lirio, I hope you’ll enjoy your chimes!

My gift from Erin was a set of cards made from some of her amazing photos. I framed the cards and lined my hallway with them. Erin, it’s a delight to have your creations in my home!

6 comments:

Woman in a Window said...

Holy heck! That's a helluva compliment. I'm verklempt.

Rikkij said...

Rach-the pic looks beautiful. And erin managed to comment without actually swearing. Holy crap! ~rick

Poetikat said...

Nice gift from Erin. They are stunning and look great on your wall. I'm eagerly anticipating my wind chimes and have been giving thought to what I will make myself.

Thanks for including me!

Kat

Kelly (conversemomma) said...

It is such a lovely idea, sending those homemade gifts. I love it.

RachelW said...

Erin, I love your pictures. :) My best friend in hugh school was (and still is) a photographer, and she uses a lot of classical techniques, antique cameras etc. I always loved her work. Your photos remind me of her stuff, in a way.

Rick, tee hee, you are right! Holy crap!

Kat, thanks for joining in! I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Kelly, yeah, I couldn't resist. I love homemade stuff.

Michelle Johnson said...

Your picture looks nice framed. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the gifts you sent out to them also. Hope all is well.