Monday, May 5, 2014

A Sasquatch Tale for you



I'm excited to announce that my young daughter and I co-wrote and published a young adult novella! It's available through Amazon. Here's the blurb. If you get a chance to read it, please let me know what you think!

Estella of Halftree Village: A Sasquatch Tale

Published May 2, 2014
Scrappy Fox Press
By Rachel and Ursula Westfall
Contact: Rachel Westfall
Email: westfall.rachel @ gmail.com

Two generations ago, a handful of families fled the violence and poverty of the city to build a new life for themselves in the wilds.
Estella, born and raised in Halftree Village, finds herself caught between cultures when a team of sasquatch hunters arrives from the city. Myth becomes reality when she befriends a young sasquatch, and her village must tap into its remarkable resources to keep her hairy friend safe from harm.




About the authors

Avid readers and writers of fiction, Rachel and Ursula are a mother-daughter team living in Whitehorse, Yukon. When they aren’t writing stories, you will probably find them out in the bush somewhere, tromping around. They may or may not have befriended a sasquatch or two of their own.


Book availability

Amazon.ca (Kindle edition only, contact me for a print edition), Amazon.com (print and Kindle editions)
Print edition ISBN: 978-0-9937928-0-9
Kindle edition ISBN: 978-0-9937928-1-6 

6 comments:

christopher said...

This is soooo cool. Kudos to your daughter who I of course do not know except as you have shared her with us here and there. And kudos to you, a most excellent Mom.

Perhaps a poem might happen one of these days...

an ellipsis at the end of a sentence like that has its own name. It's an aposiopesis. I just learned that this morning.

Rachel Westfall said...

Thank you, Christopher! I wrote a little haiku when I was away on a trip, and I never got around to posting it. I'll do that soon, and hopefully more poetic inspiration will come along soon.

Mike Grieco said...

Beautiful photo of mother & daughter! I look forward to getting this book, as I'm sure it will be a wonderful, beautiful read!

Congratulations, Rachel & Ursula :)))

Love XO

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rachel & Ursula!!

Wow, I just read the book's intro, looking forward to reading the entire novel.

Christina

Rachel Westfall said...

Thanks, Mike and Christina! I hope you'll find it fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel and Ursula

Just finished reading, Estella of Haltree Village.

I hope a sequal is in the works, no pressure :).

Thanking you for bringing this wonderful tale to us.
I enjoyed the escape, and being in the world of Estella, and Saska, beautfiully written.

Christina Goldstein